Tuesday 17 June 2008



Page 168 - today my "moment" was enjoying lunch at the Ritz, London! A gift from the children for my birthday last year, but it took a long time to get round to doing it for one reason and another! Well worth the wait! An experience everyone should have at some time in their life, maybe when they are old enough to really appreciate it! Other moments in my life when words weren't enough to express my feelings were on the day I married Dh, and those days I gave birth to my four beautiful children, the feelings I had were beyond description! And I am sure it was the same for Dh!





Page 169 - I hear the news every day, it always starts with all the latest bad news, wars, murders, cruelty, price increases! Do they save the little bits of good news to the end on purpose so we don't get too depressed? Sometimes we think the news doesn't affect us, but in some roundabout way it must do! And we cannot do much to change things! We have constant access to news these days! Today the news is full of "inflation rising", well, what's new? Prices are constantly going up! I do wonder how some people manage, and then I wonder how we will all manage in the years to come! Will our standard of living decline, have we become accustomed to living too well, and being wasteful? Hopefully we will all learn to be more careful! But so often the media can seem to make matters worse, are they really reporting news or just making money out of events?

10 comments:

malaryush said...

wonderful journalling - especially your 'treasure moments'
I don't even want to think about the whole inflations thing though - far too scary

Barbara said...

Great photo outside the Ritz. I think the media has a lot to answer for and often make matters far worse than it actually is.

domestic goddess said...

the news is dreadful at the momnet isnt it :(

Mary B said...

Kath I think you have hit the nail on the head with that last sentence, bad and sensational news makes money good news doesn't

Curly said...

It would be lovely to have a happy hnews channel wouldn't it.

Minty Magic said...

Excellent journalling as per usual. I can't seem to see you picture for today.

Steph said...

Brilliant LO's - wise words again today

Lynne said...

Love the Ritz photo!
Think the news will always get worse as we get older \\;9

willowthewysp said...

Brilliant!
I love your photos, and your journalling is fantastic!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

love the ritz photo :) And so right about the news :(