Sunday 1 June 2008



Page 153 - in some ways today's quote contradicts yesterday's! There are many times when heart over rules head, and common sense goes out of the window! The most common is with affairs of the heart! I'm so glad I listened to my heart where my dh is concerned and ended up happy! For so many the end is not so good!

Probably one of the last times I listened to my heart was when Mum was dying. At 89 she'd said she'd had enough of life, and the quality of hers was declining, and was so tired, so when she was taken to hospital, I asked that they did not resuscitate her, but let her die peacefully with dignity! I did feel a little guilt but knew it was what she would want, even if I did not want to lose her! But I haven't lost her, she is always with me in my heart and I often listen and hear her words of wisdom!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

A sad and lovely tale today Kath.I am sure listening to your heart and too her was the right decision too. x

Mary B said...

It is always a difficult thing to do to let go and let someone die with dignity.
I am glad you found your life's partner and knew that you were right for each other.
That is such a wistful photograph but so right for today's journal.

Curly said...

Oh Kath that is so beautiful, what a lovley person you are.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful journaling and photo...re your Mum...well done on making a brave decision...many families refuse to allow their loved ones to die with dignity, and it breaks my heart, so well done...it is hard (hugs)

willowthewysp said...

Beautiful photo today Kath..and yes i think that was the best and kindest thing you could have done for your mum..it would have been selfish to do otherwise, esp. as you knew how she felt. Very brave too.
xx