Tuesday 10 June 2008



Page 162 - Stay, a one word command or request! From a friend it is a request, and so nice to know they want your company. But most times with friends you know when you have outstayed your welcome. With really good friends some things don't need to be spoken. My best friend of 44 years has been so poorly over the past year that our time together has been limited, I can see she is too tired for company, even without speaking, but hope my visits have helped her. I long for the day she feels well enough to say Stay!

I love these books by Louisa May Alcott, have done since first reading them, tried watching the films but didn't enjoy them as I already had pictures in my head of the characters.

6 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh Kath I so agree with what you have said here and how it is so good with best friends how you instinctively know the right time to go or when to stay.

I also love LMA's books but don't enjoy films so much.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful journaling from the heart :)

malaryush said...

I so hope your best friend says that longed for word very soon

willowthewysp said...

I love what you have written today...you are such a wonderful friend..and i hope we can continue to *stay* in contact even when this challenge is over:)
xx

Curly said...

Oh Kath I so hope that your friend gets there really soon.

Lynne said...

I think it is great to have friends that you know instinctively you can sit and not out stay your welcome.
I hope your friwnd is better soon!