Wednesday 11 June 2008



Page 163 - friendship, my best friend in all the world is my DH, with him I feel safe and comfortable and know I can say anything! But I also have my best friend Liz, we have known each other since we were fourteen and share the same birthday. We are very different in some ways, but the same in others, both trained as nurses too! It doesn't matter how long since we have seen each other, we slip back in to the comfort of our friendship as if we saw each other every day. We seem to know what the other is thinking, and whether questions need answers. We are at ease with each other. I am lucky to have such a good friend, so many people have no friends, but the relationship, like all others, does have to be nurtured, it can not be all one sided!

7 comments:

Minty Magic said...

That is lovely journalling Kath. You are very lucky to have such a good friend and I am sure she is lucky to have you too.

Mary B said...

Lovely Kath and I am so pleased you have a friend like that, it great isn't it.

willowthewysp said...

It must be good to have such a good relationship.
Love the photo:)

Curly said...

Wonderful journalling Kath, I'm so lucky as I have a couple of very good friends like this and they are so special.

Steph said...

Love the stamped backing behind the photo.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

What luck to have a friend that good and for the time too :)

Lynne said...

I too think DH's have to be our best friends really. Even my ex was my best friend whilst we were married for 13 yrs and I missed him so much when he left me. Now I have a 'new' DH (23yrs in Oct :)) best friend !! as well as my dear college friend who we can chat after several months as if we have seen each other daily :)
Friendships are great!