Sunday 27 July 2008



page 209 - the best things in life are free! Surely one of the best free things in this world is nature, where ever you are there it is! I am lucky having countryside to walk in daily, always somewhere different. But one of my favourite places is to walk along the canal, so peaceful and colourful, ducks, geese and swans, sometimes fish, and our friendly heron! Canal boats glide up and down in the summer, canoeists practise each weekend, plenty of walkers and cyclists, but also long stretches with no sign of people. In each season the canal looks so different.

For free I also enjoy time, to myself, with my family and my friends.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Lovely photo Kathy great reflections. I so agree with you about enjoying nature. We are lucky in this country to have such diversity in our countryside :)

Mary B said...

I so agree with what you say here we are blessed in this country with marvelous beautiful natural countryside and it is all free for us to enjoy.

Lynne said...

Isn't life wonderful with all the things that are free!!
We are so blessed to have these free things to enrich our lives!