Saturday 12 July 2008



Page 194 - Rock and Roll, now I do remember this but was only a young teenager at the time! I loved Elvis, and vividly remember Ricky Nelson! Then English stars came along, they always said Cliff Richard was the English answer to Elvis but I didn't think they compared! Liked the fashions that went with the music, lots of net petticoats under full skirts, really feminine!

As with all music trends, it was another teenage outlet, and this one did shock parents! Lifestyles, attitudes and even language changed, new words being coined for things! There was outrage at the gyrations of Elvis, some thought it inappropriate, but the more the adults complained, the more the youngsters loved it! Again some singers of this era of music have survived to become household names! And their music influenced future musicians!

5 comments:

Curly said...

I wish I'd seen Elvis perform I was 12 when he died and I was devastated, my mum thought I was mad.

Minty Magic said...

Kath this is really great journalling and the picture of you with the guitar is great.

Steph said...

great picture today!

willowthewysp said...

Fantastic picture today!!

domestic goddess said...

heheeh Kath we have the same picture, LOL