Wednesday 9 July 2008



Page 191 - Punk Rock, my first thoughts were safety pins, I just remember these on clothing, and lots of piercings! Oh and coloured spikey hair. I must admit, punk wasn't my era at all, and I don't really know who the artists were, but it was another "rebellion" phase of music, mostly teenagers, and was anti government, anti everything! Probably as time goes on teens need to do more and more to get the "shock" value!

During the mid to late 1970's I was busy with two young children and moving back to the UK from Australia, so music was a secondary interest in my life, apart from children's songs!

5 comments:

malaryush said...

your photo today looks scarily like mine - safety pins do sum it all up don't they

Mary B said...

Oh I so agree with what you have said here good idea with the saftypins

Curly said...

Great picture Kath

Barbara said...

Love the safety pins. Had forgotten those.

Lynne said...

I too had forgotten about the safety pins!
Hated that music and that way of dressing and hair style and thought it very 'black'and ugly!!