Wednesday 23 July 2008



Page 205 - Dandelion, the bane of a gardeners life! Once established, hard to get rid of, and the seeds are carried for great distances on the wind or by birds. But over the years we have cultivated them as our pet rabbits and guinea pigs loved to eat the leaves. Now whenever I see one I tend to pull it up!

Dandelion clocks bring back memories of childhood, playing with my sister and blowing the clocks to tell the time! Even now if I see one I am still tempted to pick it and blow, and have done when no one else is around!

6 comments:

Mary B said...

And why not they are such good fun and I love the seed head it is so beautiful

Minty Magic said...

I forgot that I used to do the clock thing as a child - unless the wind was blowing in the wrong direction and I would get a mouthful

willowthewysp said...

There is something very satisfying in blowing the dandelion clocks! I still do it with my children.

Lynne said...

I pick them before they look like this but we still have plenty aroung :(

Steph said...

I blow the clocks regardless of who is about! Great LO's as always

malaryush said...

I blow mine as far away from my garden as I can :D