Tuesday 15 July 2008


Page 197 - for the next set of quotes I have decided to try to go with the animal aspect. Today, the sheep reminds me of my spinning wheel, a thing I haven't really mastered to perfection, but have had fun trying! It is a lot harder to spin perfect yarn than it looks, and takes a lot of practise! My spinning wheel is a beautiful object, lovely dark coloured wood, and makes a gentle sound when working! I find it very relaxing trying to spin, especially out in the garden on a sunny day! I love all the different fleeces, their colours and textures. Though I will admit to preferring to buy cleaned fleeces rather than clean my own. Sheep are not as clean as they look grazing in the fields, the fleece is embedded with dirt and burrs and grass! The humble sheep has given us both textiles and food over the years. Must say I am partial to a nice lunch of roast lamb and mint sauce!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

LOL. Am a bit partial to that too.
What a lovely spinning wheel. Would love to have a go. Never done it.

malaryush said...

Oh how wonderful. I love hand supn yarns but can't imagine ever being brave enough to consider spinning my own

domestic goddess said...

this is perfect Kath, i would love to have a spinning wheel, love your take on the prompt
anna x

Minty Magic said...

Great picture of your spinning wheel. Whenever I have watched someone spinning, it does look so easy but I can guess it isn't at all.

Mary B said...

Lovely photograph and brilliant journalling well done

Steph said...

Great take on the prompts and how cool is it that you have a spinning wheel!

willowthewysp said...

I would love a spinning wheel..not that i would use it, but it would look nice!

Lynne said...

I never imagined you having a spinning wheel Lol!! I was fastinated reading your journalling today