Friday 25 July 2008



Page 206 - Ivy, looks nice, always green but can be a real pain to gardeners unless it is kept under control! Our neighbours planted ivy against a new fence we put up and over the years it has ruined the fence, holding the moisture against the wood. And it always grows over the fence so I am forever trimming it back! I know I wouldn't like to live in a house that is covered in ivy, hides too many spiders and creepy crawlies that would come in the windows!

Photo is of a gravestone, taken yesterday, lots of the graves were overgrown with ivy, such a shame!

4 comments:

malaryush said...

That is a beautiful photo. I don't think I'd mind my grave being taken by ivy - our bodies return to the earth so nature taking my memorial in time is fine - I don't need to remembered for eternity :)

Minty Magic said...

I love the swirls on your layout and a great photo.

Mary B said...

I agree with Krys I would love it, if I had to have a grave stone, if either ivy or some other plant covered it completely.

Lynne said...

I too like ivy but it does take over, we have just removed it from all over the front of our house, cos it was trying to climb in our bedroom window and was covered in black fly !!!