Wednesday 16 July 2008



Page 198 - Bull, well my mind takes me to leather! I love the smell of leather, so distinctive, and would rather have shoes made of leather than synthetic material. They are so much nicer to wear, accomodating to my feet and let them breathe. Only downside is they need to be polished, but I was brought up to polish my shoes, so that isn't too hard!

Bulls also bring back a childhood memory. I must have been six years old, we had moved to Scotland, into a lovely old house which was an army quarter, down a lane leading to a farm. I was obviously bored and decided to go exploring. I was found admiring the bull at the farm, fascinated by the ring through it's nose, quite oblivious to any danger! I do remember being told off and being banned from going there again!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Love your take on the prompt. I don't like being in a field with cows let alone bulls!!!

Mary B said...

I much prefer leather for my shoes too.
I have a similar situation to you as I was fond of following the cows back to the farm holding on to the last one's tail. My mother had fifty blue fits I should think same as your mum

Minty Magic said...

Kath perhaps you were a bull whisperer and could tame them just being near them ;-)

malaryush said...

this made me giggle - i can just imagine you chatting happily to a bull :)