Tuesday 8 July 2008



Page 190 - Glam Rock, I do remember it but wasn't my cup of tea. Thought they all looked a bit ridiculous, and I couldn't repeat my parents comments on them! At the time my type of music was modern folk, such as Al Stewart, Tom Paxton, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell though I did like some rock bands! As I was also busy with career moves and getting married, and then starting a family, music wasn't the most important part of my life! Some of those "glam " rockers have gone on to make a name for themselves, and become real entertainers. I suppose this was just another phase in the evolution of music and the rebellion of teenagers!

5 comments:

Mary B said...

Very well put Kath. I wasn't into it either and can't even remember them.

malaryush said...

Great pictures today.
I don't remember what music was around when I first got married and had young children either - guess life takes over at that point.

Minty Magic said...

Kath this is great. My mum liked all the artists you have mentioned also the Rolling Stones

Lynne said...

I was a Joan baez fan too :)
I was too busy having a baby 1970 and another baby 1976 to be bothered about 'glam rock'!!

Curly said...

I still love Joni Mitchell and my DD does too!