Saturday 30 August 2008



Page 243 - we only have one life, so why do so many of us wish it away thinking of the future? Yes, it is nice to anticipate future events, but not to wish life away to make it come quicker. Surely anticipation is half of the excitement! If we are too busy looking to the future, we may miss our present! To me each day is precious, to be enjoyed, what will happen in the future, I don't know for sure, but will enjoy each day as it happens. I don't want to wish my life away!

I hear some parents saying they wish their children were grown up, but why not enjoy their childhood with them, time passes too quickly as it is! We cannot get that time back!

4 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh I so so agree with what you say here, especially with enjoying your children's childhood, I did every moment of it, even the bad bit has their good side too.

Shirley said...

I just love reading your journalling Kathy. Wise words and so true.

Minty Magic said...

Yes Shirley, she is very good at this journalling malarkey isn't she?

Barbara said...

Very wise indeed.