Thursday 28 August 2008



Page 242 - where to start? When things have happened in my life, I know I have discovered things about myself that I didn't know! When parents have died, I found strength to cope and support others, to explain to children what had happened. But I still managed to open myself to support from others. One thing that could have broken me was the diagnosis of cancer, but somehow I came out of there, not just with some fear, but a feeling that I could conquer this! But I knew I couldn't do it alone and would have to let other people help me. And they did! Coping with this I found aspects of myself which I didn't know existed. I like to think I am a strong person but have learnt that I do need the support of others, and to accept help when it is offered. No one person can cope with life alone, even if they think they can!

3 comments:

Mary B said...

I am so glad you found the strength in you to cope with the bad things that happen. To be able to cope with cancer especially.

Minty Magic said...

Kath I can't imagine how you ever deal with such a diagnosis but it is great to know that you have family and friends to look after you and support you!

Shirley said...

Kathy you are so right about finding an inner strength that is often hidden in us until we need to call upon it. Also like you say that strength is reinforced when others contribute too.
I just love reading your journal, you have a way with words that is always thought provoking.
XXX