Monday 25 August 2008



Page 238 - Many of us are shy and retiring, which can be painful in company, and in every day life it can be restricting. At first it feels safe and secure to stay in our own little world, but eventually we realise that taking a risk to open up is not as painful as we thought. The first steps are hard, take courage, but the reward is a more fulfilling life.

I remember being shy as a youngster, and as I grew up it wasn't easy to voice my own opinion. Age brought confidence, and though it wasn't easy, I spoke up for myself. But still sometimes, in unknown situations, I can feel shy and insecure.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Lovely summers day feel to your LO today Kathy. Journalling just right to :)

Mary B said...

I like the photo of you it fits your journaling so well. {{{{huggles}}}}} felt you needed some here.