Saturday 16 August 2008



Page 229 - ears shouldn't get me into trouble, as long as I don't tell any secrets they hear, or repeat gossip. Being a good listener is a natural skill, not really one to be learnt. Listening without commenting or passing judgement can be a help to others. I think I am a fairly good listener as I remember a few people who have unburdened themselves to me. I know I have been grateful for someone else's ears at times!

I am pretty sure my ears have never got me into trouble!

4 comments:

Minty Magic said...

I like your photo for today Kath. The brads in the flowers look like stud earrings. Great as always!!!!

Mary B said...

It is such a blessing to have someone who is a good listener when you need it so well done. I like those primas as you can see I have me eye out for blooms to make BMs now lol

Shirley said...

It is always good to to have someone who you can trust to talk Kathy and you are obviuosly one of those people that knows instinctively when some needs your ear.
Lovely LO and agree with Claire about the brads, I also remember those big daisy earings of the 60's too!!!!!lol

Lynne said...

Kath for once I am going to disagree with something you have journalled!! Listening is a skill that can be taught and learnt and is something that teachers do or should teach!!
I know that I can listen but I am not a good listener and often forget what I have been told!!