Wednesday 6 August 2008



Page 219 - finding yourself in the service of others. I can't claim to have done great or time consuming work for others, but over the years I have been involved in many things. When the children were at school we spent a great deal of time on parent committees, raising funds and organising events, but it didn't seem like hard work, as we enjoyed ourselves, and the schools benefitted, and therefore the children benefitted. I also enjoyed helping my father in law with his work for our local hospital League of Friends, whether it was wielding the collection box in town, or just helping with paper work. I have done other things too, like running the Race for Life, well, more walking than running, and raising funds for other charities, but cannot say that I have ever lost myself in these activities as my family and work commitments always came first. I do admire those people whose whole lives are dedicated to helping others, it takes a special kind of person to do that. But if I can I will do my bit.

6 comments:

treewytch said...

You are so selfless _ i thin you really underestimate just how much you do for others. Most people don't fit in one of the things you have.

willowthewysp said...

I agree! You do underestimate how much you do for others! Its certainly far more than i do!

Shirley said...

You have and do contribute a lot Kath do not undersell yourself.
Lovely self portrait.

Minty Magic said...

Great journalling Kath and I love your week 31 layout.

Barbara said...

Sounds like you have done loads Kath.

Lynne said...

You have done more works fo charities then me :(
Well done!