Sunday 10 August 2008



Page 223 - simplicity, definitely more sophisticated as far as I am concerned. Not that I think of myself as sophisticated, but thinking in fashion terms, it is the simple styles which survive and come back time after time! I do wear simple clothes, no frills or flounces for me! I don't feel comfortable wearing them! When crafting I go for more simple lines, though there are times I embellish! But I have to make myself use things like glitter and bling, as they don't come naturally to me!

Today I went to the Brookwood Military Cemetary, and was struck by the simplicity of row upon row of simple white headstones, and large simple shaped crosses. They certainly told a story to me!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

A very thoughtful photo and journalling Kathy.

Lynne said...

Kath another cemetary!!
Those military cemetarys are very moving. We have been to several in Normandy