Saturday 31 May 2008



Page 151 - Most of us have past events in our life that have hurt us. Whether we learn from these is up to us! I am lucky as I have never had anything really bad happen to me, though some of the minor events may have seemed that way at the time! Now I have said that, some may think that being diagnosed with breast cancer and having a mastectomy is really bad, but I have learnt so much from that and appreciate my life so much more! If I had run from the diagnosis maybe the outcome would have been worse? Now I live each day as it comes and make the most of it!

Surely no one escapes being hurt to some degree in life, but it can be a positive thing if we learn from it!

6 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

love the photo and great journaling :) ((hugs))

willowthewysp said...

Oh Kath! I didnt know that! Ok, the breast cancer bit is bad..but the mastectomy is good, im so glad you are ok....i understand what you say about facing up to it..im the type who finds something and doesnt get round to going to the DRs!
Love the photo today:)

Mary B said...

Well done you on not regarding breast cancer and a mastectomy as a major thing and getting on with your life.

Minty Magic said...

Kath I am glad you see the cancer in such a positive light - many people wouldn't. I love the photo of you.

Steph said...

Wow I didn't know that either! I applaude you for your positive attitude.

Curly said...

I love your attitude Kath you are such a positive thinker well done for being so inspirational.