Wednesday 21 May 2008



Page 142 - the capacity to care! I hope I am a caring person, having been a nurse for many years, I cared for my patients and their needs, and also their relatives. Also for the staff who worked with me. We also care for our family and friends, this comes naturally to most people, but we also need to care about so many other things. The world, the environment, global warming, decline of nature and animals, and of course, the plight of some people in this world. If we cannot care I don't think we can help or feel other's pain and suffering. I know some people do not care about others as long as they are alright and find this hard to understand. Caring gives some meaning to our lives. And maybe one of the greatest meanings is knowing that we are also cared for.

9 comments:

malaryush said...

What touching journalling today - beautiful sentiments

Shirley said...

I love to read your journalling Kath you always choose just the right words to say all the right things.
Great photo of you today and love the LO

Summer Sunflower said...

Your journalling always touches a chord Kath, you are so right, why is it that some people just dont care about others!

Minty Magic said...

Here Here Kath!!!

I have to say I have never met (well not met as such) such a caring bunch of people as those doing this challenge. No matter what is wrong or how much we go on about things (me in particular) everyone is always so caring and supportive. It is just like a family and yet most of us have never met in real life. Strange but lovely.

Lynne said...

Kath you always come over as a caring person!

willowthewysp said...

This is great Kath...being a nurse, must be very hard work...physically and emotionally..
I find i think about things to much..the state of the world, people in trouble, animal extinction etc and this upsets me alot..my DH on the otherhand is one of those people that doesnt care..as long as he is alright, saying that things like this need to happen to keep the population down etc, he is very uncaring and this has caused numerous arguments between us!

Barbara said...

As always Kath you hit the nail on the head. Think it takes a special kind of person to be a nurse.

Mary B said...

Well put Kath

Scrappy~Sarah said...

oh fabby journaling, hit the nail on the head :D