Thursday 22 May 2008



Page 143 - Opening our hearts can be very hard as we are naturally afraid of being hurt! I consider myself so lucky that when I opened my heart to love I found the right person all those years ago. But we need to open our hearts not just to love but many other people and experiences or we miss so much in life! One of the easiest times to open our hearts is at the birth of our children. In times of trouble we can find help by opening our heart, often from an unlikely person. Maybe Maria was referring to God when she said these words. I won't be half hearted about opening my heart wide again.

I have altered the photo by wrapping in clingfilm to show how wrapped up we can be! Sometimes in ourselves so we don't open our hearts to others!

7 comments:

Mary B said...

Good journaling for today and I like the idea behind what you have done with the photo

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great journalling and i love the idea with the photo

malaryush said...

Lovely journalling. I hope your DH gets to read this too

Minty Magic said...

Fab idea of the wrapping the photo up.

Shirley said...

What a brilliant idea for the phot Kath and prfect journalling as usual.

willowthewysp said...

Fab photo..i had to look and look again, but your journalling then explained it!!
Its what i feel like a lot of the time!
xx

Lynne said...

I am so pleased you opened your heart to love!
Good journalling - heart felt too!