Friday 9 May 2008



Page 130 - Summertime, well the weather over the last few days has certainly been glorious! In summer our lifestyle changes, more outdoor time, gardening, walking, barbecues, trips out and just generally enjoying it while it lasts! I love warm mornings so I can eat breakfast outside, lisening and watching the birds. I love the relaxed feel of eating outdoors. Sitting in the garden in the evening with a glass of wine, just enjoying company and chatting, or even on my own with a good book!

When the weather is fine, activities are more spontaneous, I get up and just take off somewhere, no planning! I think most people are happier in the summertime!

But I am not a sun worshipper, I burn easily so have to be careful, and I do feel the heat! After spending two years in the middle of nowhere in Australia, I did find blue skies and sunshine every day rather boring! Some would say that is a terrible thing to say! It is like a lot of things, sounds perfect but in reality is different!

7 comments:

Minty Magic said...

Breakfast in the garden and wine in the evenings sounds blissful. Let's hope the weather stays around for a few days.

willowthewysp said...

Brilliant journalling and i so agree with you about eating breakfast out in the garden...i generally do not eat breakfast, but love to sit outside with a coffee...such a good feeling!

Summer Sunflower said...

I do find your blog lovely reading, it certainly makes all the difference when we get some sunshine. Perhaps sunnier clims do take it for granted.

Shirley said...

Dining alfresco is always so relaxing and starting the day with breakfast outside is soooooooooo much more fun too.
I really love the photo of you today you look very serene :)

Steph said...

I love reading your blog too - and I am in awe of the fact you have made a LO every day. Keep it up!

Lynne said...

I love eating outside too.
Justlove reading your blog, this is going to be a great journal!

Curly said...

I can't wait for tea time it's definately going to be outside, we are off on the boat the second the weather is good so I don't actually get to sit in the garden much so I love it. Great journalling Kath.