Tuesday 27 May 2008



Page 148 - never been one for looking in mirrors, does that mean I am not vain? Of course, I like to look nice, neat and tidy, but never been a slave to the latest fashions etc! I know what I am comfortable wearing and what suits me. Have never dyed my hair, a bit difficult as I am a natural auburn colour, now it is white and am quite happy with that! Maybe I should be more adventurous! Today society seems obsessed with "looks", not just the ladies! I think at times it goes too far! Bit like a competition! Is one dress really worth over £500? Are people afraid to be themselves, so have to hide behind "fashion"?But my pet hate is the way young children are dressed as mini adults and so many have to be seen in the latest designer gear! Is this for their sake or the parents? Girls and boys having their hair dyed, girls tottering around on high heels at a very young age, the damage this can do to their growing bodies! I really think children should be allowed to be just that children! Are we encouraging vanity? They will face the pressures of society soon enough so let them enjoy childhood!

Look in the mirror, see yourself and love yourself for who you are, warts and all!

8 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh Kat as usual you have expressed what I think too. and your hair is lovely that colour, all white is really nice.

willowthewysp said...

Your journalling about how children look is spot on! There is an advert on tv, for 'lelly kelly' shoes..made esp. for young girls, the girls in the advert cant be any older than 7 and yet they are covered in make up, and the shoes themselves come with make up! This is so wrong, the girls on the adverts look just like mini adults, and not very nice ones at that! Shame as im surethe girls are so naturally pretty underneath all that gunk!
I have always liked white hair myself, and have even tried to get mine white on numerous occasions!

malaryush said...

What a glorious positive attitude. Children should indeed by children for as long as they can without the obsession of 'what they' are taking over before they even know who they are.
Your hair does suit you beautifully just as it is :)

Minty Magic said...

Kath i have to agree with you. Kids wearing makeup look strangely perverse - IYKWIM. Even the little girls you see in dance troupes with all that lipstick on and stuff - they look grotesque. I think you have got this spot on today - again!!!

Steph said...

Brilliant journalling as always. Very true.
Love the last sentance - wish I could learn to love myself warts and all more often

Summer Sunflower said...

You are quite right Kath, why is it that people get taken in by having to have what's in fashion, the clothes are not practical for children having a fun time! It is not wonder girls so young become obsessed with their figures!! Love your journalling!

Curly said...

I love your blog Kath, I agree with your journalling about the children whole-heartedly.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Spot on with the journaling.....and another fabby pic