Thursday 1 May 2008



Page 122 - the old cliche springs to mind, "home is where the heart is" Yes, a house is just bricks and mortar and could be anywhere, but home is built with love and dreams! Without people and family there would be nothing! Our house has been extended over the years to accomodate a growing family, the children have all dreamt of their futures while growing up here, been prepared to fly the nest and make their mark on the world. Now they have homes of their own, but still like to return here, not for the building, but for the love. Parents, siblings and friends have all stayed here, making it more of a home! Michael and I still love and dream here, it is our home! Our dreams! Just bricks and mortar, but they protect us! I am lucky to own my own home, so many people do not, and in some places they do not even have a roof over their heads.

5 comments:

Mary B said...

Yes Kath I agree with that last sentence, we are lucky to have a roof over our head but the home is what we make of that roof,isn't

Curly said...

I agree with you entirely Kath. I do feel I could do more to help others sometimes and then I think I have to put my family firat.

Minty Magic said...

What beautiful journalling and every word so true.

Shirley said...

Kath your jounalling always has an important message and none more so than being grateful and aware of how lucky we are to have our own homes to provide us with shelter and potection.

willowthewysp said...

Brilliant!
I hope one day that i can feel like that too about my 'house'!