Tuesday 14 October 2008



Page 288 - pink, never been my colour! But now it is not a colour I am comfortable with as it brings back too many memories. I am a lucky survivor of breast cancer for the past 10 years, and am so glad to be alive! But at the time the breast cancer awareness campaign had just begun, and pink seemed to be everywhere, and I felt I just couldn't face it! Having three teenage girls at that time, when pink was fashionable, made it even harder! Now I can face my fears and will make myself use pink in my crafting, but don't think I will ever be truly comfortable with this colour!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

I can see why you are not comfortable with pink Kathy.
You have done a great job using it today.(((huggles)))

domestic goddess said...

thank you for your honesty Kath :)
done a great job
hugs xxx

Barbara said...

Well done Kath. So glad you are a survivor and I have been able to get to know you.

Mary B said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{huggles}}}}}}}}}}}}} Kath so glad you are a survivor and that you have began to face the colour that brings back so many tense and uncomfortable feelings.

Summer Sunflower said...

Great journalling Kath, your are a survivor, well done on facing 'pink'!!

Lynne said...

Glad you are a survivor but understand where you are coming from, one of my biggest fears :(