Wednesday 3 September 2008



Page 247 - I'm no Snow White, no wicked step mother, not a princess, etc. But I know at times when the children were young I could have been likened to her with my "little dwarves". Luckily I only had four, but they had to learn to live and work in harmony! Some people thought we were wrong as they used to have set jobs to do each day, like helping with washing and wiping up, sweeping the kitchen floor, laying tables for meals apart from keeping their toys and rooms tidy! But we believed it set them on the road for life, to learn how to look after themselves, and it was always made fun! They didn't always co-operate, there were tears and tantrums, but they learnt their way through all that! If we went out anywhere, being six of us we seemed to take over, and people were always asking "How do you manage?" Silly question really as they didn't all come at once, you got used to it one by one! My little dwarves may be grown and fled the nest but they always offer to help when they visit, so hopefully we taught them well!

4 comments:

Minty Magic said...

Kath, that is so beautifully written.

Mary B said...

Brilliant Kath and I totally agree with training the children to do there share of duties sets them up for when they are married.

malaryush said...

People ask me how I manage with four as well - strange isn't it? They help each other and they help me and I;m sure they give me so much more than I give them :)

Shirley said...

Love your LO Kathy and wonderful journalling.